[Landau ITP Seminars] Friday 22.06.2018

Serge Krashakov sakr at itp.ac.ru
Sun Jun 17 13:38:58 MSK 2018

Уважаемые сотрудники ИТФ,

На заседании Ученого совета в пятницу 22 июня будет заслушан доклад:

Леонид Глазман (Yale University)
Quantum Many-Body Physics of Qubits

The ongoing development of superconducting qubits has brought some basic
questions of many-body physics to the research forefront, and in some
cases helped solving them. I will address two effects in quantum
condensed matter highlighted by the development of a fluxonium qubit.
The first one is the so-called cosine-phi problem stemming from the
seminal paper of Brian Josephson: the predicted there phase dependence
of the dissipative current across a Josephson junction was observed in a
fluxonium, after nearly 50 years of unsuccessful attempts by other
techniques. The second one is the dynamics of a weakly-pinned charge
density wave: we predict that the dynamics may be revealed in
measurements of microwave reflection off a superinductor, which is a key
element of the fluxonium.