[Landau ITP Seminars] Friday 06.09.2019

Serge Krashakov sakr at itp.ac.ru
Thu Aug 22 13:21:54 MSK 2019

В пятницу 6 сентября состоится коллоквиум:

Sergej Flach (Institute for Basic Science, Republic of Korea)
*Dynamical Glass - en route from KAM and FPUT to MBL*

Classical many body interacting systems are typically chaotic (nonzero
Lyapunov exponents) and their microcanonical dynamics ensures that time
averages and phase space averages are identical (ergodic hypothesis). In
proximity to an integrable limit the long- or short-range properties of
the network of nonintegrable action space perturbations define the
finite time relaxation properties of the system towards Gibbs
equilibrium. I will touch upon few analytical results including the KAM
theorem, and review a number of computational studies which originate
from the pioneering work of Enrico Fermi, John Pasta, Stanislaw Ulam and
Mary Tsingou. I will then focus on short range networks which lead to a
dynamical glass (DG), using a classical Josephson junction chain in the
limit of large energy densities or small Josephson energies. Close to
these limits the Josephson coupling between the superconducting grains
induces a short-range nonintegrable network in the corresponding action
space. I will introduce a set of quantitative measures which lead to the
Lyapunov time TΛ, the ergodization time TE, and to a diffusion constant
D. In the DG the system fragments into large patches of nonresonant
’integrable’ grains of size l separated by triplets of resonant chaotic
patches, all surviving over large times. TE sets the time scale for
chaotic dynamics in the triplets. Contrary, TE ≈ l2/D is the much larger
time scale of slow diffusion of chaotic triplets. The DG is a generic
feature of weakly non-integrable systems with a short range coupling
network in action space, and expected to be related to nonergodic
quantum metallic states of quantum many-body