[Landau ITP Seminars] Friday 25.10.2018

Serge Krashakov sakr at itp.ac.ru
Tue Oct 22 23:33:13 MSK 2019

Уважаемые сотрудники ИТФ,

В пятницу 25 октября в 11:30 состоится коллоквиум:

Yuval Gefen (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
*Physics at the Edge of a QHE setting*

The structure of the edge of a QHE edge is constrained, but not
dictated, by the topology of the bulk. Particularly interesting is the
class of hole-conjugate fractional QH states. For such states the edge
hosts counter-propagating modes that are responsible for quantized
electrical and thermal conductance. In the coherent quantum limit
renormalized edge modes emerge, which may involve neutral modes with
non-trivial exchange statistics. I will discuss the behavior of
topology-influenced transport coefficient both in the coherent and the
fully equilibrated regimes, topological classification of
non-equilibrium shot noise, and the relation to recent experiments.

После этого в 15:00 состоится семинар:

Yan V. Fyodorov (Dept. of Mathematics, King’s College London)
*Zeroes of S-matrix entries and random 'anti-lasing'*

Motivated by recent experimental interest in 'random anti-lasing' (e.g.
K. Pichler et al. Nature 567, 351 (2019)) I consider manifestations of
zeroes of scattering matrices in wave-chaotic cavities. In particular, I
will introduce the notion of Reflection Time Difference playing the same
role for the S-matrix zeroes as the Wigner time delay plays for the
S-matrix poles, and a possibility of its experimental measurement. I
will then discuss how statistics of complex zeroes of scattering matrix
entries can be described in the framework of RMT-based model of
resonance scattering.
Presentation will be based on papers arXiv:1908.06920 and J. Phys. A 50,
30LT01 (2017).