[Landau ITP Seminars] Friday 19.10.2018

Serge Krashakov sakr at itp.ac.ru
Tue Oct 16 19:56:42 MSK 2018

Уважаемые сотрудники ИТФ,

На заседании Ученого совета в пятницу 19 октября состоится коллоквиум:

Wonders of viscous electronics

Докладчик: Gregory Falkovich (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)

Quantum-critical strongly correlated systems feature universal
collision-dominated collective transport. Viscous electronics is an
emerging field dealing with systems in which strongly interacting
electrons flow like a fluid. Such flows have some remarkable properties
never seen before. I shall describe recent theoretical and experimental
works devoted, in particular, to a striking macroscopic DC transport
behavior: viscous friction can drive electric current against an applied
field, resulting in a negative resistance, recently measured
experimentally in graphene. I shall also describe conductance exceeding
the fundamental quantum-ballistic limit, field-theoretical anomalies and
other wonders of viscous electronics. Strongly interacting electron-hole
plasma in high-mobility graphene affords a unique link between
quantum-critical electron transport and the wealth of fluid mechanics
phenomena.