[Landau ITP Seminars] Friday 13.09.2019

Serge Krashakov sakr at itp.ac.ru
Mon Sep 9 10:48:49 MSK 2019

Уважаемые сотрудники ИТФ,

На заседании Ученого совета ИТФ в пятницу 13 сентября будут заслушаны
доклады:

1) Олег Андреев
*String breaking, diquarks and medium*

I will briefly discuss some aspects of the phenomenon of string breaking
in QCD. Such a phenomenon is responsible for strong decays of hadrons.
Mainly, I focus on what happens at finite baryon density.

2) Лев Щур (короткий доклад)
*Acceptance rate is a thermodynamic function in local Monte Carlo
algorithms*

We study the properties of Markov chain Monte Carlo simulations of
classical spin models with local updates. We derive analytic expressions
for the mean value of the acceptance rate of the single-spin-flip
algorithms for the one-dimensional Ising model. We find that for the
Metropolis algorithm the average acceptance rate is a linear function of
energy. We further provide numerical results for the energy dependence
of the average acceptance rate for the 3- and 4-state Potts model, and
the XY model in one and two spatial dimensions. In all cases, the
acceptance rate is an almost linear function of the energy in the
critical region. The variance of the acceptance rate is studied as a
function of the specific heat.